01 June 2022
NEWS BRIEFS

NEWS BRIEFS

WMFD Safety Day The West Memphis Fire Department is hosting a Fire Safety Day, Saturday, June 4, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., featuring bouncy houses...
Patriots softball racks up postseason honors

Patriots softball racks up postseason honors

Marion players earn all-state, all-conference recognition By CHUCK LIVINGSTON Marion School District Six Marion softball players earned posts...
31 May 2022
227th COVID-19 death

227th COVID-19 death

First coronavirusrelated fatality in county in months recorded ralphhardin@gmail.com Last week Crittenden County got a sobering reminder that t...

Excellent job explaining CRT. Sadly, ….

Excellent job explaining CRT. Sadly, ….

Excellent job explaining CRT. Sadly, most people don’t realize some aspect has been taught for years. Only since the “woke” electorate made ...
At least move the stick

At least move the stick

The other day, I was writing about an old Disney documentary as part of a column. I think it was “Animals are Beautiful People” or “White Wi...
Don’t put yourself down

Don’t put yourself down

Do you ever put yourself down with what you say to yourself? It’s not uncommon for people to put themselves down through negative self-talk. ...

Should my wife wait until age 70 to claim?

Should my wife wait until age 70 to claim?

I’m 74 and receiving my Social Security benefits. My wife is 68 and we are delaying her benefits until she’s 70. But I read an article about a...
BIBLE VERSE

BIBLE VERSE

On This Day in: 1433 - Sigismund was crowned emperor of Rome. 1854 - The Kansas-Nebraska Act passed by the U.S. Congress. 1859 - The Philadel...
Hybrid tiger trout thriving in Arkansas

Hybrid tiger trout thriving in Arkansas

Bull Shoals tailwater added 2,500 specimens in 2020 as experiment Arkansas Wildlife MAMMOTH SPRING – Tiger trout, a hybrid of brown trout and b...

June 11-13 Free Fishing Weekend in Arkansas

June 11-13 Free Fishing Weekend in Arkansas

Gov. Asa Hutchinson makes proclamation for Father’s Day Weekend AGFC Communications LITTLE ROCK – Thanks to a proclamation by Gov. Asa Hut...
Scroll Up