17 May 2019
Blue lights! What now?

Blue lights! What now?

Sheriff Mike Allen walks county motorists through the do’s and don’ts of a traffic stop Editor, The Evening Times We’ve all been there. If ...
Getting Fit with the WMPD

Getting Fit with the WMPD

Former Blue Devil basketball great Sonny Weems got a little assist from the West Memphis Police Department this spring in the inaugural Weems World...
Cops on Campus: Keeping our schools and students safe

Cops on Campus: Keeping our schools and students safe

WMPD puts a student resource officer on every campus WM School District West Memphis School District schools are safer than ever, as the WMPD ha...

16 May 2019
Q: Mother’s Day in the South? A: Cookout!

Q: Mother’s Day in the South? A: Cookout!

By Dorothy Wilson ‘The Marion Mom’ A friend of mine posted a hilarious comic on Instagram a few weeks ago. Two ladies sit at a desk, one inte...
Governor Hutchinson releases  Arkansas State Broadband Plan

Governor Hutchinson releases Arkansas State Broadband Plan

Goal set for complete rural connectivity in four years press@governor.arkansas.gov LITTLE ROCK – Governor Asa Hutchinson today released the ...
Text The Times.

Text The Times.

I’m angry, our system is supposed to work for us, but it doesn’t! I’m tired of being told that elected officials are supposed to represent ...

Hey hey! It’s Field Day!

Hey hey! It’s Field Day!

The students at Richland Elementary School in West Memphis were pretty hyped up for the annual Field Day celebration. And check out latest in acces...
The ‘SECRETS’ of Achievement

The ‘SECRETS’ of Achievement

‘Live Without Limits’ By Bryan Golden You can achieve whatever you want by incorporating the following components into your daily schedule. C...
Learning from scientists

Learning from scientists

‘The Post Script’ By Carrie Classon My husband, Peter, and I just spent a couple of days staying with our scientist friends. I’ve honest...

The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations,  schools and governmental agencies. News briefs

The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs

are accepted at the Times office, by fax at 735- 1020 or by e- mail news@ theeveningtimes. com. Always include contact information. • Marion M...
Scroll Up