04 August 2020

Every time I come back to

Every time I come back to

Marion, Cherry street, and others, that have stop signs. I am amazed when I first noticed that almost no one completely stops at any of the stop...

The One and Only Prince Mongo

The One and Only Prince Mongo

Eccentric Memphis personality has quite a history A Times Special Feature I’m concerned, spirits. I use the affectionate but otherworldly addre...

Dog days, indeed…

Dog days, indeed…

Since I was a kid, I’ve heard the expression “the dog days of August.” Sometimes, it was “the dog days of summer” or simply “the dog da...

The Pre-Tribulation  Rapture

The Pre-Tribulation Rapture

We are just past the halfway point of 2020, and if nothing else happened this year, it would still go down as one of the strangest years in histor...

COVID-19 and Carbs

COVID-19 and Carbs

If you've gained some weight since the quarantine, it just might be that your inner child has been a little down. They don't call '...

BIBLE VERSE

BIBLE VERSE

On This Day in: 1735 - Freedom of the press was established with an acquittal of John Peter Zenger. The writer of the New York Weekly Journal had ...

Planning for future fishing at Lake Monticello

Planning for future fishing at Lake Monticello

AGFC Biologists working to secure habitat for generations to come AGFC Communications MONTICELLO — With blistering summer heat upon us, most a...

Apply for a 2020 dove permit now

Apply for a 2020 dove permit now

AGFC Communications LITTLE ROCK — The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission will accept applications for its private land dove hunting program Aug. 1...

Most school districts opting between wearing masks or going virtual

Most school districts opting between wearing masks or going virtual

WHITE COUNTY— Although some school districts in haven’t decided yet what their ultimatum is going to be if students refuse to wear masks when s...

Old St. Paul Services

Old St. Paul Services

The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted via e- mail at news@ th...
Scroll Up