11 March 2021

West Memphis Council approves A&P tax hike in split vote

West Memphis Council approves A&P tax hike in split vote

Mayor champions measure aimed at increasing restaurant, hotel revenue for the city news@theeveningtimes.com In a split vote, the West Memphis C...

***  How can they just shut poor people’s water off?  That can’t be legal?

*** How can they just shut poor people’s water off? That can’t be legal?

What a shame!!! All the hard work Chief Gately and Asst. Chief Jeff Jones and their crews put into building up the West Memphis Fire Dept. only to ha...

West Memphis Police Reports  For March 1-March 7, 2021

West Memphis Police Reports For March 1-March 7, 2021

3/1/21 4:59 FLEEING West Broadway Avenue / South Rich Road 3/1/21 8:55 LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT (PROPERTY DAMAGE) 300 W Service RD ...

I pity the fool…

I pity the fool…

Wisdom from the mind of Mr. T! There are a lot of things in which I am well versed. I’m happy to talk about those things at length and will ch...

Your Lying  Eyes…

Your Lying Eyes…

“Well, who you gonna believe, me or your own eyes?” is an attribution I found closest to the line, from the 1933 Marx Brothers movie, Duck So...

A&P (cont.)

A&P (cont.)

lease payments. Ward three representatives fretted over the recovery of mom and pop restaurants after the COVID-19 dining restrictions and felt ...

Stand Your  Ground…  for Equality

Stand Your Ground… for Equality

What does “stand your ground” mean? The meaning will be very different for each member of the human race. “Stand your ground” use to imp...

SHERRY HOLLIMAN (cont.)

SHERRY HOLLIMAN (cont.)

first try to flee the situation before responding with gunfire. In Arkansas, a second attempt to get the controversial “stand your ground”...

BIBLE VERSE

BIBLE VERSE

On This Day in: 241 B.C. - The Roman fleet sank 50 Carthaginian ships in the Battle of Aegusa. 1496 - Christopher Columbus concluded his second ...

VIEWPOINT (cont.)

VIEWPOINT (cont.)

remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.” I know now that Mr. Twain may not have actually said that, but someone d...
Scroll Up