03 May 2021

Get the gig! Bullfrog season is here

Get the gig! Bullfrog season is here

Frogging fans can hit the swamp now through the end of the year AGFC Communications LITTLE ROCK – Winter’s last gasp may keep some frogs quie...

SHOOTING (cont.)

SHOOTING (cont.)

during regionals will advance to the Champion of Champions shootoff at the conclusion of tournament play. The eventual senior Champion of Champ...

Bald Knob man arrested for assaulting, threatening  police officers

Bald Knob man arrested for assaulting, threatening police officers

SEARCY — A 25-year-old Bald Knob man accused of kicking a Searcy police officer in the face twice and threatening to shoot him and other officers...

STATE NEWS (cont.)

STATE NEWS (cont.)

Russellville in 2014, have been assisting children. But it’s an uphill struggle, director Josh Dunbar said. Since the foods service began seve...

New COVID-19 cases  trending upward again

New COVID-19 cases trending upward again

STATE NEWS (cont.) especially those in rural areas. Younger students can’t drive to stores to buy food. Others can’t walk; those living in remo...

10th Annual Great Steak  Cook-Off

10th Annual Great Steak Cook-Off

— Saturday, May 8, at the Eugene Woods Civic Center, 212 Polk Ave., in West Memphis, a free community event featuring live music, food, fun and ...

NEWS BRIEFS (cont.)

NEWS BRIEFS (cont.)

— Inside The Word on the Move Tabernacle, 2703 E. Broadway, West Memphis: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3 to 5 p.m. We offer education enrichme...

BULLFROGS (cont.)

BULLFROGS (cont.)

being opened. If the pond is too deep to maneuver along the bank, a small canoe or jon boat works well with an electric motor or paddle, but itâ...
30 April 2021

A tough break to start the Summer

A tough break to start the Summer

On the cusp of summer, the trill of distant anticipation is turning into a frenzied thrumming of freedom and adventure. (Or maybe that’s jus...

[ Editor’s  Note: While I think we can find some common ground here, I do have to disagree with your assessment that

[ Editor’s Note: While I think we can find some common ground here, I do have to disagree with your assessment that

As we continue to see Black people needlessly killed by the police, many want to deflect that debate toward 'Black On Black Crime'... but t...
Scroll Up