Gearing up for summer and fall sports in Crittenden County
Plenty to do for athletes of all ages
• MYSA Fall Football —
Registration is now underway for the 2019 Marion Youth Sports Association’s fall football season. Flag and tackle football sign-ups are going on now. The cost is $60. Visit www.gomysa.com for online registration and more information.
• J.W. Rich Girls Club Summer Program — The 2019 J.W. Rich Girls Club Summer Program is underway, and runs through Friday, Aug. 2, at the club, 591 Shoppingway Blvd., Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (the Girls Club is closed on Saturday and Sunday). The fee for the full summer is $375, plus $50 annual club dues if not already paid. Discount for families with multiple children ($300 for the second child, $275 per child after that). The program also has a $10 per-child daily rate (must be paid at time of pick-up).
A $200 down-payment is due on the first day, with the remainder due two weeks later. Activities include sports time, special guest speakers, game days and more. $3 pizza day on Fridays. The Summer Program is open to girls ages 5 and up. For more information, visit the club from 3 to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, or call (870) 394-9426. ***
• MYSA Summer Football Clinics — Players signed up for the Marion Youth Sports Association’s 2019 fall football season are invited to gey a jump on the season. MYSA is putting on a series of football clinics this summer and all the kids who sign up for fall football can hone their skills in the offseason at these weekly camps. Clinics will focus on the fundamentals of football, including Condtioning, Blocking Techniques, Tackling Techniques, and Positional Techniques for Quarterback, Running Back, Wide Receiver, Offensive and Defensice Lineman, Linebacker and others. Register in person at one of the clinics or go online to www.gomysa.com for more information. Fall registration (which includes access to the clinics) is only $60 this season. Any child ages 7 to 12 who is registered for fall MYSA tackle football is eligible to participate. The cost is free for all athletes registered for the MYSA fall football league. Clinics will be held every Monday, from Monday, July 8 through Monday, August 19, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., at Brunetti Park in Marion.
For more information, call (901) 413-3453, find the Marion Youth Sports Association on Facebook, or visit www.
• Diamond Astros Tryouts — Local 10U baseball team the Diamond Astros will be holding open team tryouts on Thursday, July 11, at 6 p.m., at K& R Park in Marion. Participants will need to bring all of your own baseball equipment (cleats, glove, bat, helmet, etc.) Travel/competitive experience preferred. For any additional information, please contact Jacob Langley at (870) 733-4159.
Fall Volleyball — At the J.W. Rich Girls Club, for girls 7 and up, and a senior division for women 18-30 (if enough sign up). There’s a discount for those who sign up before July 30. For more information, stop by the club at 518 Shoppingway Blvd. in West Memphis.
• Herbert Carter Missions Memorial Golf Tournament
— Get a team and compete in the Herbert Carter Missions Memorial Golf Tournament.
The tournament will be a 4-man scramble at Marion Golf & Athletic Club. Register at Marion First Baptist Church. The cost is $300 per team. Lunch will be provided at noon, with tee time at 1 p.m. Support missions, enjoy a round of golf and win prizes. Date to be determined.
• West Memphis Kick-Ball League — Teams are registering now for the Summer League. Games are on Sundays at Matthews Park in West Memphis. League fee is $250 per team. The league will last 8 weeks with 2 games each Sunday.
Registration is limited to the first 12 teams to sign up. For more informaion, find Daniel SirMakit Foster on Facebook.
• Youth Soccer Clinic — At the ASU Mid-South Soccer Fields, Saturday, July 13. Two different age groups: 3-6 yearolds from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.; 7-12 year-olds from 10 a.m.
to noon. Clinic contucted by volunteer coaches and other volunteer assistants. Register by Friday, July 5 and participants will receive a free clinic T-shirt. The fee is $15 for Boys & Girls Club members, $20 for all other players.
Register at the Crittenden County Boys & Girls Club, 990 N. Missouri St., in West Memphis.
• Family Fun Day — The Crittenden County Boys & Girls Club is putting on a Family Fun Day for paal participants in the recent Spring Sports League. It’s an end-of-season celebration, Saturday July 13, at Tilden Rodgers Park. T-Ball, 5U and 7U soccer will celebrate from 10 a.m. until noon. And from 1 to 3 p.m., its players and parents from the coach pitch baseball, machine pitch softball, 9-10 baseball, 11-13 baseball, fast-pitch softball, 9U, 11U and 15 U soccer teams, and volleyball. Free to players and parents. Hot dogs, chips, drinks, water slides, slip-n-slide, snowcones and more!
• Fall Kickball — Registration has started for the first-ever J.W. Rich Kickball League. Stop by the Girls Club, 519 Shoppingway Blvd., in West Memphis Monday through Friday from 3 to 6 p.m., to sign up. Play is open to boys and girls and adults of all ages (there will be youth and adult leagues if enough participants sign up).
For more information, visit the J.W. Rich Girls Club’s Facebook page.
• Delta Gymnastics classes — Classes available for ages 2 and up on Thursdays at 5:15 p.m. For more information please contact Delta Gymnastics at (870) 735-5900. John Beaumont – jbeau.younglife@ gmail.com, Sara Fenter – email@example.com, or Jerry Fenter – jfenter@fenerpt. com.
• Studio Gray Dance Clinic — Check out the Studio Gray Dance Clinic programs at the Boys & Girls Club of Crittenden County. Designed to help kids going into cheer, pom & hip-hop. For more information or to register, inquire via e-mail at info@mystudiogray. com, or call (901) 303-6221.