23 August 2022
BIBLE VERSE

BIBLE VERSE

On This Day in: 1838 - The first class graduated from Mount Holyoke Female Seminary in South Hadley, MA. It was one of the first colleges for women...
AGFC, AEDC offering thousands for education grants

AGFC, AEDC offering thousands for education grants

Wildlife fine money used for funding programs, education initiatives AGFC Communications LITTLE ROCK — With students headed back to school, be ...
Mayflower’s  Moonlight Monsters

Mayflower’s Moonlight Monsters

Giant catfish being caught on Lake Conway this summer Arkansas Wildlife Editor MAYFLOWER — Haylee and Logan Applegate (pictured, right) have h...

SSGT Taylor Hoover  Memorial 5K

SSGT Taylor Hoover Memorial 5K

Mark your calendars for the inaugural SSGT Taylor Hoover 5K, honoring one of the Fallen 13 Heroes of Kabul. Saturday, Sept. 3, at Worthington P...
22 August 2022
Learning New Things

Learning New Things

Mrs. Johnson’s kindergarten class at the Marion VPA Magnet wrapped up their first module in the school’s new reading curriculum last week. The...
[ Editor’s Note: I am fortunate enough that I no longer have to traverse the “ Mad Max” hellscape that is the morning and

[ Editor’s Note: I am fortunate enough that I no longer have to traverse the “ Mad Max” hellscape that is the morning and

Something has got to be done about the traffic at the schools. It is especially terrible at the VPA the old Avondale School! People are so rude and ...

Life sentence for  Bradford man convicted  in machete murder

Life sentence for Bradford man convicted in machete murder

SEARCY — “Those who sin while drunk must be punished while they’re sober,” 17th Judicial District Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Abram Skarda ...
Running Up That Hill

Running Up That Hill

I love music. In fact, for someone with absolutley no talent for singing, dancing or playing an instrument, I am surprisingly surrounded by music....
Resetting your life to a ‘new normal’

Resetting your life to a ‘new normal’

People who have lost their houses and cars and everything they’ve worked for all their lives may feel like giving up. Some do. After thirty or...

That first  Social  Security payment

That first Social Security payment

If I were to apply for my Social Security retirement (I’m 68 on August 1, 2022), when could I realistically expect to receive my first check? Si...
Scroll Up