04 October 2019

OBITUARY

OBITUARY

Maj. Gen. E.L. “Gene” Stillions Jr. Eugene L. Stillions Jr., 84, of Springfield, Virginia, formerly of Earle, Arkansas, passed away on Su...

‘You can’t save the world, young ladies’

‘You can’t save the world, young ladies’

Judge Thorne has some life lessons for the courtroom audience By Coretta Allen The docket was full in Judge Fred Thorne’s courtroom Monday mo...

Marion councilwoman wants to explore bringing scooters to Marion

Marion councilwoman wants to explore bringing scooters to Marion

news@theeveningtimes.com Could electric “dockless” scooters be coming to Marion? City Councilwoman Sherry Holliman brought the idea up of...

Taste of the Town

Taste of the Town

Photo courtesy of Main Street West Memphis John Ward and Meadowbrook Country Club had an excellent showing in the 17th annual Main Street West M...

Tragedies and Opportunities

Tragedies and Opportunities

‘Time in the Word’ By Clayton Adams Tragedies are unfortunately, a part of every life. Tragedies are difficult to explain and to learn fr...

With Liberty and Justice for All?

With Liberty and Justice for All?

‘A Politicial View’ By Sherry Holliman Many people find it tempting to mock the pledge, to devalue the warranty, and to be upset by those wh...

• WMCS Rummage Sale —

• WMCS Rummage Sale —

The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted at the Times office, by...

Getting to know your Arkansas Game & Fish Office

Getting to know your Arkansas Game & Fish Office

Times Outdoor Columnist A while back, when the fish were really biting, Papa Duck talked my wife, Colleen into going with me. It had been several y...

East Arkansas Fishing Report

East Arkansas Fishing Report

From the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission www.agfc.com • — (updated 10-2-2019) Professional fishing guide Ronnie Tice (901-687-68...

03 October 2019

Makin’ your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got

Makin’ your way in the world today takes everything you’ve got

By Dorothy Wilson ‘The Marion Mom’ I’ve officially been disabled for a year now. When I applied for a handicapped placard, I didn’t r...
Scroll Up