Posted on

CRDC’s utility crisis payment program opening delayed


Home energy assistance available for area low- income households Frigid temperatures slowed down nearly everything in the Mid-South. Utility Crisis payments through Crowley's Ridge Development Council (CRDC) were no exception. The CRDC Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) had advertised opening the program for February 16 but ice, snow and frigid temperatures closed the office. The CRDC recommitted to opening its LIHEAP Crisis program on February 22 instead.

'Due to the forecast for next week and the uncertainty of CRDC office hours, we are moving the crisis start date to February 22, 2021,' said CRDC Director of Human Services Casey Kidd. 'We want to serve our community to the best of our ability, so we want to ensure that we are in the offices where we can provide our best service when the program does start.'

In order to apply for crisis assistance, a household must be facing a crisis situation such as impending disconnection, past due bill (due to moratorium of disconnections with some utility companies), utilities already disconnected, propane tank at 10% or below, eviction notice because utilities are included in rent, or needing utilities to be established for new residence. Crisis is a 48 to 72 hour process depending on whether or not the utility company is performing disconnections. 'We cannot make a pledge on the account until all

Continued on Page 2

CRDC Director of Human Services Casey Kidd CRDC (cont.)

items have been received and processed,' said Kidd.

'It is extremely important to submit all documentation at time of application submission if possible so that we can work to resolve the household’s crisis situation in a timely manner.'

County offices are still closed to the public at this time, Those with qualified needs may apply by email at, by mail at P. O. Box 16720 Jonesboro, AR 72403, fax: 870-972-0078, or drop box: 2401 Fox Meadow Lane Jonesboro, AR 72404 Applications may be had through email, Facebook message at Crowley's Ridge Development, Inc. -CRDC, or can download one at the following link, Utility Assistance (LIHEAP) – Crowley's Ridge Development Council (

Applicants must provide seven items to receive consideration a utilities crisis payment including a completed application, identification, social security numbers, proof of residency for all household members 18 and over (social security card, tax documentation, proof of applying for a new card, or any other formal documentation showing the client name and SSN). Also need were previous month income for the entire household, utility bills or lease (if utilities are included in rent), and proof of the crisis situation (disconnection notice, past due bill, eviction notice if utilities are included in rent, deposit statement to connect utilities, etc.) Due to heavy call volume, households should please email com, or use the direct message option on the CRDC Facebook page for urgent matters regarding this program. “We appreciate you sharing this information to others!,” said Kidd. “You will find a post on the CRDC Facebook page regarding this information, so please feel free to share that information as well. Thank you for your continued support of CRDC as well as your valued partnership.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll Up