Steudlein Learning Center
The Evening Times prints briefs about events for organizations, schools and governmental agencies. News briefs are accepted via e- mail at news@ theeveningtimes. com, by phone at ( 870) 735- 1010, by text at ( 870) 225- 1456, or via Facebook Messenger.
Always be sure to include any relevant contact information with any submission.
• Steudlein Learning Center
— The Steudlein Learning Center is participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program. This program will provide meals to all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals are provided at 207 Balfour Rd., and at 1600 Avondale Circle in in West Memphis, The program will provide breakfast, lunch and a p.m. snack, Monday through Friday during the programming year.
— Old St. Paul M.B. Church is continuing its online-only worship services live streaming on Facebook. Sunday school at 8:45 a.m., and church services at 10 a.m.
Wednesday Bible Study at 6:30 p.m. Facebook Live@oldstpaul church. Host pastor is Frederick S.
Anthony, “We are a church
— 1105 Balfour Rd., West Memphis, is “Making Hope Contagious!” Sunday morning services (10:45 a.m.) and Wednesday evening prayer meeting and Bible study (6:30 p.m.) are now held in the sanctuary, (with social distancing), as well as on Facebook Live. Go to Cornerstone Baptist Church West Memphis Facebook Page to worship with us! Join the Cornerstone WM Study group to get in on Prayer meeting and Bible Study on Wednesday evenings! (No nursery, or children’s activities until further notice). •
FBC West Memphis Services — First Baptist Church West Memphis invites you to join us for our morning church service starting Sunday Morning at 8:30 a.m.
and 10:30 am in the sanctuary. You may also watch our live stream on www.facebook.com/first baptistwestmemphis or on YouTube (search for First Baptist Church West Memphis) at 10:30 a.m. Both will be available to watch later on both platforms. If you watch on YouTube please subscribe.
• ‘First Importance’ Podcast — First Baptist Church of West Memphis is proud to announce their podcast “First Importance.” Go to www.fbcwmem.org/media to choose your favorite platform and subscribe.
• Adopt a Pet — Looking for a Pet? Call the Marion Animal Shelter at 739-5412. Adoption fees are $100 for dogs, $75 for cats. 1101 L.H. Polk Ext.
Blanket and food donations accepted.
• Crittenden County Crime Stoppers — Call 870-732-4444, 24 hours a day with tips. Rewards up to $2,000.
Identification of tipsters kept confidential.
• The Crittenden County Museum — Displays on history of Crittenden County in Earle in the former Missouri Pacific Railroad Depot, 1112 Main St. Open from 10 a.m.
to 3 p.m. on Wednesdays and Saturdays and 2 to 5 p.m.
Sunday. No admission fee; donations accepted.
• Global Academy USDA Food Program — Global Academy, Inc., located at 301 N. 7th St., in West Memphis, is participating in the USDA Food Program. Meals will be available at no charge or at a reduced rate to enrolled persons at the above location.
Eligibility is determined by income and household size.
For more information, call (870) 702-7530.
— Looking for a Pet? Call the Marion Animal Shelter at 739-5412. Adoption fees are $100 for dogs, $75 for cats. 1101 L.H. Polk Ext.
Blanket and food donations accepted.
• 40 & 8 Club — Steak night Wednesdays. Fish fry every third Friday of the month at 152 Legion Road, West Memphis. 735-0866.
• American Legion Charity Bingo — Mondays at 7 p.m.
at 150 Legion Rd. across from the speedway race track. If we have 35 people we will pay $100 per game. We will play old program. Early bird starts at 6:45. Call 870-735-8803 after 4 p.m.
• G.E.M. Academy — Inside The Word on the Move Tabernacle, 2703 E.
Broadway, West Memphis: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3 to 5 p.m. We offer education enrichment classes for children 1st to 3rd grade. For more information or to register for 2018 contact our School Director Mrs. Marlena Davis at 870-394-4792.
• West Memphis City Council — Meeting schedule: 1:30 p.m., on the first Thursday of each month; 5 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month, at West Memphis City Hall, 205 S. Redding St., in West Memphis. All meetings are open to the public.
• Crittenden County Health Unit — The Crittenden County Health Unit will have special extended hours every Tuesday from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. These adjusted hours give the unit the opportunity to stay open later to accommodate those who are not able to come during normal business hours. Clinical services that are available include: Women, Infants & Children (WIC), nutrition counseling and support, birth control pick-ups, Depo shots, sexually transmitted infection (STI) screening and services, and immunizations. Family Planning Late Clinic will be the third Tuesday each month.
For more information on services and regular hours call 870-735-4334. Local health units can be found online at www.healthy.arkansas.gov.
• VFW Fish Fry — Last Friday each month at VFW Post 5225, 406 S. Avalon, West Memphis. Eat-in or carry-out.
• Child and Adult Care Food Program — The 15th Street Child Care Development Center is participating in the Child and Adult Food Program. This will provide meals to all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals are provided at 130 S. 14th Street in West Memphis. The program will provide breakfast, lunch and a p.m. snack, Monday-Friday.
• American Legion Post 53 Fish Fry — First Friday of every month. Food served from 5 to 8 p.m. Karaoke every Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. Bingo Monday’s at 7 p.m., 150 Legion Road. 735-8803.
• Arkansas State University Degree Center – Offering admission, advising, and scholarship information/assistance for students interested in attending Arkansas State University-Jonesboro on the ASU Mid-South campus.
Students can major in Criminology, Business, Nursing, or Education and live locally. Assistance is available Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information call, Kennidi Ridgell, Degree.
• Volunteer Drivers Needed – Jim Fiveash, the commander of the American Legion Post 53 needs Volunteer Van Drivers to transport veterans who live in Crittenden County to their VA appointments at the Memphis VA Medical Center and the new Primary Clinic in East Memphis. A 10 passenger transportation van will be furnished by the VA.
For requirements and information contact Patrick Kennedy, LCSW, at 901-523-8990, ext. 5540.
• American Red Cross Volunteers Needed – Join the Crittenden County Disaster Action Team (DAT). For volunteer requirements and more information contact Elzadia Washington at 870-635-1955.