The Evening Times prints news about local and regional sporting events, games, and community leagues. If you
would like to promote your team or organization, send all pertinent information to
news@ theeveningtimes. com.
• Crittenden County Boys & Girls Club Spring Sports — Register now for any of the Crittenden County Boys & Girls Club Spring 2020 Sports programs: Tee Ball (ages 3-6) , Baseball (ages 6-12), Volleyball (ages 7-18), Co-Ed Soccer (ages 3-15) and Girls Softball (ages 6-13). The deadline to register is Friday, March 13 (March 6 for Volleyball). For more information, call (870) 735-1658.
— Calling all animal lovers! Come out to the Memphis Hustle game on Monday, March 16 and help support the West Memphis Animal Alliance. Tickets start at just $15, and the WMAA will receive $7 back for every Plaza 1 Level ticket purchased and $3 back for every Plaza 2 ticket purchased.
Every ticket sold can make a big difference.
• J.W. Rich Girls Club Spring Sports — Registrations are underway for 2020 Spring Sports at the J.W. Rich Girls Club.
Once again, the club will offer Spring Volleyball for girls ages 7 and up.
Registration is $50 for club members and $60 for non-members. Sign up now through Saturday, March 7. The season is scheduled to begin on Monday, April 13. Additionally, the club is bringing back softball. The club will offer three age groups, tee-ball, machine pitch, and kid pitch.
Registration is underway now through Friday, May 8. Fees are $50 for members and $60 for non-members. The season is set to start June 1.
To register, stop by the club, 519 Shoppingway Blvd., in West Memphis, Monday through Friday from 3 to 6 p.m., or any time the club is open during Winter Volleyball, or call (870) 394-9426. You can also sign up online at https://clubs.bluesombrero. com/jwrichgirls club.
— The 4th annual CASA 5K “Fun Run for CASA Kids” is set for Saturday, May 2, beginning at 9 a.m., at ASU Mid-South, in West Memphis. “Change A Child’s Story” with this special event. All proceeds will benefit children in the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of the Arkansas Delta programs. To register online, please to to www.stearnsracetiming.c om. For additional information, please contact Chloe Harrison or Carolyn Slaughter at (870) 702-5951.
• Memphis in May Triathlon — The 38th Annual Memphis in May Olympic Triathlon, one of the oldest continuous running triathlon events in the United States, presented by P.R. Event Management, LLC and in association with Memphis Tourism, the Olympic and Sprint Triathlons and Sports Expo is moving from Edmund Orgill Park in Millington where it has been held since 2015 to Shelby Farms Park in Memphis, Tenn. Shelby Farms, one of the 20 largest urban parks in the United States, includes 4,500 acres and covers more than five times the area of Central Park in New York City.
• Herbert Carter Missions Memorial Golf Tournament — Get a team and compete in the Herbert Carter Missions Memorial Golf Tournament, on April 20, 2020. The tournament will be a 4-man scramble at Marion Golf & Athletic Club.
Register at Marion First Baptist Church. The cost is $300 per team. Lunch will be provided at noon, with tee time at 1 p.m.
Support missions, enjoy a round of golf and win prizes.
• Delta Gymnastics classes — Classes available for ages 2 and up on Thursdays at 5:15 p.m. For more information, please contact Delta Gymnastics at (870) 735-5900, or stop by and check out the facility at 101 E. Polk St., in West Memphis ***
• Studio Gray Dance Clinic — Check out the Studio Gray Dance Clinic programs at the Boys & Girls Club of Crittenden County.
Designed to help kids going into cheer, pom & hip-hop. For more information or to register, inquire via e-mail at email@example.com , or call (901) 303-6221.