Send church items to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 a.m. Wednesday. The deadline for faxed items and hand-delivered items is Tuesday; the fax number is 870-735-1020. To place notice of standard service times, contact our retail advertising department at 870-735-1010.
The Women’s Ministry of Beautiful Zion M.B. Church, 420 S. 15th St., West Memphis, wil lcelebrate their annual prayer breakfast Saturday, Oct. 5 beginning at 9 a.m A $10 donation is requested. The women will present “Pretty in Pink” in recognition of breast cancer awareness month and are encouraging all women to wear the color pink Sunday, Oct.
6. Services will begin at 11 a.m. Host pastor will be Dr. E.D. Whitfield.
• Hope of the Delta Event — Hope of the Delta, a Christ-based, life-affirming ministry, with a new office in West Memphis, will be hosting a special fundraiser banquet, Tuesday, Oct. 15, at Wyatt’s cafe in Crawfordsville. Hope of the Delta is a free pregnancy center assisting men and women in crisis.
The center was established in West Memphis in light of the fact that Crittenden County has the third highest abortion rate per capita in Arkansas. The life-affirming ministry operates solely on donations from churches of all denominations along with their congregations, area businesses, community organizations and individuals. With a new office in West Memphis and an ultra-sound machine in place, the ministry is establishing itself and empowering men and women to choose spiritual life for themselves, physical lives for their babies, and an abundant life for their families.
Anyone interested in becoming part of Hope of the Delta or wanting more information regarding the upcoming banquet can call 870-535-0811.
• Anniversary Celebration — The family of the Locus Grove M.B.
Church, Hughes, will be hosting their 125th church anniversary, Sunday, Oct.
13, beginning at 2:30 p.m.
Guest speaker will be Rev. Alvin Bailey, Jr., from the Hughes Chapel M.B.
Church in Hughes. Master of ceremonies will be Sister Belinda Joshaway from St. John M.B. Church in Hughes.
Rev. Pastor Cornell Jackson welcomes one and all to participate in the celebration.
• Unfolding the Seven —
New Zion 310 E. Polk, will be having Unfolding the Seven “I am” program on Sunday Oct 6, at 3:00p.m.
1. “I am the word of life” -Evangelist Rosie Labetts.
2. “I am light of the world” -Evangelist Jarsenta Granger.
3. “I am door of the sheep” -Prophets Iyanna Childs.
4. “I am the resurrection and the life” -Evangelist Frager Thomas.
5. “I am the good shephard”- Evangelist Timika Flicken.
6. “I am the way the truth and the life” -Minster Verna Baitey.
7. “I am the true vine” -Evangelist Cassandra Gilliam.
Summary given by Evangelist Lady Marie Hayslett. Pastor S.J. Parker Sr.
invites the public to attend the ceremony.
• Usher’s Candelight Program — The New Lehi Church, Highway 14, Lehi, will be having an annual Usher’s Candlelight program Sunday, Oct. 6, beginning at 7 p.m. Guest speaker and church will be Rev. Herman Coleman along with his church, Unity Baptist Church of West Memphis. Other churchs are also expected to attend.
Master of ceremonies will be Rev. Greg Wells of Anointed Miracle Temple Church.
Restor Rev. Edward Hampton invites one and all to attend. Sponsor of the program is Shirley Moore.
• Preaching Word of God — The Old St. Paul Church family invites one and all to come and worship with them this Sunday beginning at 8:45 a.m. for Sunday School followed by worship service beginning at 10 a.m. Pastor Anthony is preaching the word of God. Parents are invited to bring their children for Children Church held on the second floor of the new sanctuary for ages 3 years old to the sixth grade and youth service held in the old sanctuary beginning at 10 a.m.
Youth speaker is Minister Darrell Anthony.
Pastor Anthony invites married couples to the church’s marriage ministrary this Sunday beginning at 5 p.m. Host pastor is Frederick S. Anthony.
• Women’s Conference — The New Mt. Pleasant Church, 524 Will Lewis Rd., Proctor, is having a Women’s Conference this Sunday, Oct. 6, beginning at 3 p.m.
The conference is being called, “Chosen Women of God”. Speakers will be, First Lady Shirley Parker of Morning Star MBC; First Lady Doretha McKinney of First Baptist Church in Edmondson; First Lady Tujuanna Moody of El Shaddai Ministry; First Lady Vanessa Smith of Keeping It Real Ministry, and Evangelist Elizabeth Powels of Heavenly Peace MBC.
Host pastor Betty Jenkins is inviting one and all to participate in this conference.
• Anniversary Celebration — Greater St. Mark Christian Church, 208 S.
8th St., West Memphis, will be celebrating its church anniversary, Sunday beginning at 2:30 p.m.
Pastor S.L. Smith will be preaching from the Scripture: Isaiah 40:31. Guests will include, Pastor James Parker, Jr. and Morning Star Church family; Bishop Tony Lee Williams and Key to the Kingdom International Ministry; Pastor Willie James Coleman and the New Beginning Outreach Ministry; Pastor D.
Carter and the New Zion Outreach Ministry; Pastor Raymond Shield and the Step of Faith Ministry; Pastor Larry Banks of the Bethel A.M.E. Church family; and Pastor Rickey Hunter and Heavenly Gates Ministry Church family and Heavenly Gates Team with Teundra White.
Guest speaker will be Pastor James Reynolds Jr., along with his church family, New Salem M.B.C.
Master of ceremony will be Pastor Larry Williams of New Home M.B. Church.
Pastor Smith invites one and all to tthis special service.
• Annual Choir Day —
Members of the Second St. John Baptist Church, 305 Ingram Blvd., West Memphis, will be hosting their annual Choir Day, Sunday, Oct. 6 beginning at 2:30 p.m. Guest choirs will include, Beautiful Zion, First Baptist and Old St. Paul of West Memphis, Philadelphia, Mt. Beulah, St. John and Living Water Ministries.
Choir director is Evangelist Rosalind Chitman.
Rev. Stephen Chitman, pastor, invites one and all to join in the celebration.
• Gospel Explosion —
International Pray Band will have its Gospel Explosion Sunday, Oct. 6 beginning at 3 p.m. The event will held at 150 Legion Rd., at the American Legion Hut in West Memphis. There will be many guests including, the Heavenly Sound, Sander Singers and many others, says event sponsor Pastor B. Williams.
• Fall Revival — Cornerstone Baptist Church, 1105 Balfour Rd., West Memphis, will be hosting a Fall revival beginning Friday, Oct. 4, through Sunday, Oct. 6, with C.W. Blood preaching the word of God. Glen and Leann Pool will be providing the music.
Friday’s service will begin at 7 p.m., Saturday’s service at 5 p.m. and Sunday’s service beginning at 10:45 a.m. and at 5 p.m.
For more information go to www.cornerstonewm.
org. Pastor Billy Oyler is encouraging one and all to come and patricipate in this year’s Fall revival.